Have all your files in USB Flash-drive transform into a shortcut icons? If this happen, then you are a victim of a new Trojan virus. It is a virus that makes our files hidden and transform it to a shortcut icon like files and folders. So today i will share my own technique based on my experience on how to recover all your files.
- Connect your USB Flash-drive to computer.
- Don't scan with your anti-virus because there is a high possibilities that it will delete your files.
- Open your USB Flash-drive delete all shortcut icons files and folders.
- Next-step: Go to Control Panel - Folder Option then find and check " view hidden files".
- After you do that all your files will appear in your drive.
- Then copy all the files or press CTRL+ A and point it to your Drive D: on your computer
- Now its time to format your USB Flash-drive. Wait until format complete.(just choose Quick Format)
- Finally copy again all the files you currently save to your Drive D: back to your USB Flash-drive.
Done! you now recover all your files infected by a virus in an easy way.
You can also try How to Format HDD with the write protected status. and USB WRITE PROTECTED FILES FORMATTING.
This method can be applied to all types of hardware saving devices like MP3/MP4 PLAYERS, EXTERNAL HDD, SD CARD, MICRO SD etc.. that with the same infection of the virus.